During each period of open enrollment, SCS will accept applications for new students. Open enrollment for the next school year begins on November 1 each year.
To apply for enrollment, a Pre-Application must be completed and turned in by the lottery deadline (see below for due dates). If the number of applications exceeds the number of available spaces in a grade level, an equitable lottery will be held to fill vacant seats for the next school year. After seats are filled, the drawing will continue to determine the order of a waiting list. Applicants are divided into “in-district” and “out-of-district” students, with priority given to siblings of current students, then in-district applicants. Names are selected randomly from a hat.
Once enrolled, students are not required to enroll in subsequent enrollment periods.
Lotteries will be held during the January, March and June meetings of the board of directors. In accordance with Oregon Public Meetings laws, the dates, times, and location of these meetings are publicized on our website under the “Board of Directors” tab.
Key dates to know:
- November 1st – Open Enrollment: Enrollment opens for new students for the next school year on November 1st. Pre-Applications are now accepted for the lottery and are available on the Enrollment Page.
- January – Winter Lottery: Held for kindergarten only. If you have a child who will be in kindergarten for the next school year, your Pre-Application must be received by the first Friday of January by noon to be included in the Winter Lottery.
- March – Spring Lottery: Held for all grades (KG-8th). If you have a child going into kindergarten through 8th grade, your Pre-Application must be received by the first Friday of March by noon to be included in the lottery.
- June – Summer Lottery: Held for all grades (KG-8th). Classes are generally full at this point, this lottery usually is for students to be added to the wait list.
To register a kindergarten student, the child must be 5 years old on or before September 1st. A birth certificate and up-to-date immunization records are required for enrollment.
We are accepting Pre-Applications for both the 2018-2019 school year and the 2017-2018 school year. The lottery for the 2018-2019 school year opened on November 1, 2017. Pre-Application deadlines for the 2018-2019 school year lotteries are as follows:
- Winter Lottery (Kindergarten only): Applications are due by January 5, 2018 by Noon.
- Spring Lottery (Kindergarten – 8th): Applications are due by March 2, 2018 by Noon.
- Summer Lottery (Kindergarten – 8th): Applications are due by June 1, 2018 by Noon.
You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been processed. If you do not receive a confirmation, please email the office at email@example.com or give us a call at 503-925-8007 to be sure your application was received.
Download the Pre-Application:
SCS Student Pre-Application 17-18
SCS Student Pre-Application 18-19
Sherwood Charter School does not limit student enrollment based on race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, disability, the terms of an individualized education program, income level, proficiency in the English language, or athletic ability.