Thank you for your interest in enrolling at SCS!
We encourage everyone who is interested in Sherwood Charter School to attend one of our monthly tours. Held September-May, the tour allows you to see the classrooms and school in action.
Any school age children (including incoming kindergarten students) are welcome to attend with you, however please make alternative care arrangements for children of all other ages. Tours last approximately 45 minutes.
2019-2020 School Year
Pre-Applications for the 2019-2020 school year lottery opened on November 1, 2018. Pre-Application deadlines for the 2019-2020 school year lotteries are as follows:
- Winter Lottery (Kindergarten only): Applications are due by January 8, 2019 by Noon.
- Spring Lottery (Kindergarten – 8th): Applications are due by March 1, 2019 by Noon.
- Summer Lottery (Kindergarten – 8th): Applications are due by June 7, 2019 by Noon.
Applications received after the last lottery will be added to the wait list in the order received. You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been processed. If you do not receive a confirmation, please email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 503-925-8007 to be sure your application was received.
How does enrollment work?
Sherwood Charter School is open to all students eligible to attend kindergarten through 8th grade. To be eligible for kindergarten enrollment, the student must be 5 years old by September 1st.
To apply for enrollment, a Pre-Application must be completed and turned in by the lottery deadline (see above for due dates). If the number of applications exceeds the number of available spaces in a grade level, an equitable lottery will be held to fill vacant seats for the next school year. After seats are filled, the drawing will continue to determine the order of a waiting list. Applicants are divided into “in-district” and “out-of-district” students, with priority given to siblings of current students, then in-district, and last out of district students. Names are selected randomly in a drawing.
Once enrolled, students are not required to enroll in subsequent lottery enrollment periods.
Key dates to know:
- November 1st – Open Enrollment: Enrollment opens for new students for the next school year on November 1st. Pre-Applications are now accepted for the lottery and are available on our website.
- January – Winter Lottery: Held for kindergarten only. If you have a child who will be in kindergarten for the next school year, your Pre-Application must be received by the first Friday of January by noon (or first school day thereafter) to be included in the Winter Lottery.
- March – Spring Lottery: Held for all grades (KG-8th). If you have a child going into kindergarten through 8th grade, your Pre-Application must be received by the first Friday of March by noon (or first school day thereafter) to be included in the lottery.
- June – Summer Lottery: Held for all grades (KG-8th). Classes are generally full at this point, this lottery usually is for students to be added to the wait list.
Sherwood Charter School does not limit student enrollment based on race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, disability, the terms of an individualized education program, income level, proficiency in the English language, or athletic ability.