- This event has passed.
February 6 - February 13
HEART Week takes place from February 6th through the 13th. Each day will be focused on a H.E.A.R.T. skill: honor, empathy, accountability, respect and teamwork. Each classroom will do something slightly different each day.
There will also be a Spirit Week, which starts on February 6th. Please dress according to the schedule below or in uniform if you choose not to participate. Please remember to wear appropriate clothing each day.
- Thursday, February 6th: COMFY DAY
- Monday, February 10th: ROLE MODEL DAY
- Tuesday, February 11th: SPORTS DAY
- Wednesday, February 12th: RAINBOW DAY
- Thursday, February 13th: PINK AND RED DAY
Calls home for forgotten spirit wear items will not be allowed. If you have any questions please check the uniform policy, contact the office, or send back up clothing.
You can participate in HEART Week at home too! Try some of these activities:
- Eat heart shaped food like pizza, pancakes, a heart shaped lunch
- Leave a heart shaped love note under your child’s pillow for each of the five days. Thursday’s note is about how they use honor, Monday’s note is how they show empathy etc.
- Watch a movie as a family and talk about how the H.E.A.R.T. skills were used or not used during the film
- When you read to your child at night, discuss the H.E.A.R.T. skills that the main character used or struggled to use
- Pick a picture book each night for each of the H.E.A.R.T. skills
- H.E.A.R.T. Charades
- Play a family game and focus on one of the heart skills that the family is using such as teamwork
- Do a H.E.A.R.T. skill scavenger hunt around the house
- Have your child send letters to family members about the H.E.A.R.T. skills that they appreciate about that person
- Do a family service project that week to practice empathy
- Clean the house using teamwork and playing songs with “heart” in the title. Google songs with heart in the title and you are set!
- Each night at dinner, ask each other questions about how they used a certain H.E.A.R.T. skill that day. For example, on Wednesday, talk about how each family member used respect that day
- Have a H.E.A.R.T. cookie surprise! Bake heart shaped cookies and deliver it to service organizations in Sherwood to thank them for their H.E.A.R.T. skills that make this community special. For example, deliver cookies to the police department and make a thank you card about how they use honor, teamwork etc.
Be sure to take pictures of your “H.E.A.R.T. at Home” activities and email them to Joy Raboli at email@example.com. She will be posting them on our school Facebook page during the week!
Looking for the Academic Calendar? Find it on the Parent Resources page here.