UPDATE! Afternoon car line to take place on SCS campus with modifications on 9/24 and 9/25
We are continuing to work with the City to develop a solution for afternoon car line on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Morning car line should run as usual and afternoon car line will no longer take place at Archer Elementary.
Please note the update: we will now have access to our parking lot so that afternoon car line can run as usual, with the modification that traffic will only be allowed access to and from our parking lot from Sunset Blvd. for afternoon car line. If cars begin to back up on Main Street, traffic will be redirected by construction workers to Madrona Street where parents will be able to park and walk onto campus to pick up their student. In an effort to reduce traffic congestion, for these two days only, we will be beginning afternoon car line at 3:00 pm and will be staggering release following the schedule below:
Suggested pick up times assigned by car line number
3:00 pm – 3:20 pm car line numbers from 1 to 85
3:20 pm – 3:40 pm car line numbers from 86-150
- Left hand turns will be required to exit the parking lot for these two days.
- If coming from downtown Sherwood via Main Street, you will not be allowed to enter the parking lot by making a left turn. You must access the parking lot by way of Sunset. See the detour map provided by the city here.
- If you are carpooling, please use the car line number assigned to the driver of the car to determine your pick up window.
- We realize not everyone will be able to accommodate the assigned pick up times, but appreciate keeping to the schedule if you are able to.
Additional details below:
- For walkers, both parent pick up and independent student walkers will check out as normal.
- Please refrain from picking up students early. If unavoidable, please contact the office in advance to make arrangements.
- Outdoor School departure and pre-scheduled meetings should take place as previously arranged.
- Please limit campus visits during construction to avoid traffic congestion.
- Carpooling these days is encouraged.