- This event has passed.
February 10 - February 17
At SCS we practice our H.E.A.R.T. skills throughout the entire year and HEART Week gives us a chance to really celebrate! HEART week begins on February 10th with each day focusing on a specific H.E.A.R.T. skill: honor, empathy, accountability, respect and teamwork. Teachers coordinate content for their individual classrooms.
Students may participate in a Spirit Week beginning on February 10th by dressing according to the schedule below.
- Thurs. February 10th– Comfy/Pajama Day
- Mon. February 14th—Pink and Red Day
- Tues. Feb. 15th—Sports/Team Day
- Wed. Feb. 16th—Crazy Hair/Hat Day
- Thu. Feb. 17th—Role Model/Character Day
You can participate in HEART Week at home too! Try some of these activities:
- Eat heart shaped food like pizza, pancakes, a heart shaped lunch
- Leave a heart shaped love note under your child’s pillow for each of the five days. Thursday’s note is about how they use honor, Monday’s note is how they show empathy etc.
- Watch a movie as a family and talk about how the H.E.A.R.T. skills were used or not used during the film
- When you read to your child at night, discuss the H.E.A.R.T. skills that the main character used or struggled to use
- Pick a picture book each night for each of the H.E.A.R.T. skills
- H.E.A.R.T. Charades
- Play a family game and focus on one of the heart skills that the family is using such as teamwork
- Do a H.E.A.R.T. skill scavenger hunt around the house
- Have your child send letters to family members about the H.E.A.R.T. skills that they appreciate about that person
- Do a family service project that week to practice empathy
- Clean the house using teamwork and playing songs with “heart” in the title. Google songs with heart in the title and you are set!
- Each night at dinner, ask each other questions about how they used a certain H.E.A.R.T. skill that day. For example, on Wednesday, talk about how each family member used respect that day
- Have a H.E.A.R.T. cookie surprise! Bake heart shaped cookies and deliver it to service organizations in Sherwood to thank them for their H.E.A.R.T. skills that make this community special. For example, deliver cookies to the police department and make a thank you card about how they use honor, teamwork etc.
Looking for the Academic Calendar? Find it on the Parent Resources page here.